Truth Gate ™
verified news, blogs, & magazines
UN News - Global perspective Human stories Global perspective Human stories
- World News in Brief: Engagement with Sudan, Red Sea vessel attacks, SDGs disabilities promiseon 2023-12-02 at 12:00 PM
UN engagement with Sudan will continue in the wake of the decision to terminate its political mission in the country, the Spokesperson for Secretary-General António Guterres said in a statement.
- COP28: UN chief previews panel on management of minerals essential for green energy transitionon 2023-12-02 at 12:00 PM
UN Secretary-General António Guterres on Saturday announced his plan to set up a panel aimed to ensure the move from fossil fuels towards renewable energy is just, sustainable and benefits all countries.
- Tackling health impacts of climate change and scaling up digital climate action in the spotlight at COP28on 2023-12-02 at 12:00 PM
Delegates at COP28 in Dubai on Saturday called for stronger and more resilient global health systems, which are indispensable to protecting populations from the negative impacts of climate change on health.
- COP28: As ‘humanity’s fate hangs in the balance’, UN chief calls for urgent action to prevent planetary crashon 2023-12-01 at 12:00 PM
Earth’s vital signs are failing and to prevent planetary crash and burn, “we need…cooperation and political will”, UN Secretary General António Guterres said on Friday, challenging world leaders gathered in Dubai for COP28 to show real global climate leadership.
- Shock and terror in Gaza as bombardment of shattered enclave resumeson 2023-12-01 at 12:00 PM
As Secretary-General António Guterres spoke of his deep regret about the resumption of military operations in Gaza on Friday, UN humanitarians vowed to stay and help all those in need, while reiterating “nowhere is safe from attacks” in the war-shattered enclave.
European Union | News and stories European Union | Highlighted news
- San Cristóbal de La Laguna wins 2024 Access City Awardon 2023-12-01 at 3:01 PM
The Spanish city of San Cristóbal de La Laguna has received the 2024 Access City Award, for advancing accessibility for persons with disabilities. More specifically, the award recognised its work in prioritising accessibility across urban spaces, transportation systems, and social activities.
- Deal on stronger press freedom and free speech protectionon 2023-11-30 at 3:54 PM
The EU has struck a deal on a law that would better protect journalists and human rights defenders against strategic lawsuits against public participation, or SLAPPs. These are increasingly being used to silence people who speak out on public interest issues.
- €145 million to boost to European volunteering activities in 2024on 2023-11-29 at 3:30 PM
The European Solidarity Corps will get new funding worth €145 million in 2024. Thanks to this money, young people across the EU and beyond will be able to volunteer in projects on social inclusion, the green and digital transitions, democratic participation and health.
- Improved rights for EU travellerson 2023-11-29 at 1:30 PM
Passenger rights will be reinforced, thanks to new Commission proposals. The updates to existing travel legislation would reaffirm the right of passengers to get refunded within 14 days; give them more clarity on who will reimburse their airline tickets and access to better information.
- Ransomware group dismantled in Ukraine in major international operation supported by Eurojust and Europolon 2023-11-29 at 9:58 AM
Judicial and law enforcement authorities from seven countries joined forces with Europol and Eurojust to dismantle a criminal network responsible for significant ransomware attacks against large corporations in 71 countries. They arrested the ringleader and detained 4 suspects in Ukraine.